Default Font Size Icon

Student Records and Grades


If you stop attending WVC while on Academic Warning, Probation or Suspension status, you will remain at that level for a period of at least three years (or 12 academic quarters). If during that time you have not returned to WVC, your student records will be updated to remove you from your previous academic deficiency status.
If a student who is on Academic Warning attempts six or more graded credits for a second time, and his or her quarterly GPA falls below 2.0, the student will be placed on Academic Probation. Students on Academic Probation will receive a letter informing them of their academic standing, and their transcript will be endorsed “Academic Probation.” Students on probation will have a registration hold placed on their account. They will be unable to make changes to their class schedule for the current quarter and will be unable to register for future quarters until they have met with their adviser and completed the probation form. Students will remain on Probation status until their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher.
Petitions for waivers of college policies are initially reviewed by the WVC Registrar. Such petitions may include, but are not limited to:
• Late changes in class status (i.e., credit to audit, past quarterly deadline withdraw)
• Set aside of low grades from previous quarters
• Substitution of graduation requirements
• Taking more than 18 credits in one quarter
After reviewing the petition, the registrar will either make a ruling on the petition or forward it to the appropriate WVC administrator for further review/ruling.

Petitions for readmission after an academic suspension are reviewed by a WVC counselor.

All petitions must be in writing and submitted on the appropriate form, available through the admissions/registration office.

After the initial decision on a petition is made, the student can appeal this decision to the WVC Academic Regulations Committee. Filing for an appeal is completed through the student services office.

All appeals must be in writing. Petitioners may appear in person before the committee but are not required to do so. It is the responsibility of the student to be fully aware of the policies and procedures that govern a specific program in which the student is seeking enrollment or is currently enrolled.
The Academic Standards Procedure at WVC has been established to ensure that the college resources are used in the best interest of all current and future students. The procedure helps to ensure that students with academic difficulties are made aware of the many educational resources available to them. You are encouraged to assume responsibility for your own academic progress.

The three levels of unsatisfactory academic performance are Warning, Probation and Suspension.
If a student on Academic Probation attempts six or more graded credits, and his or her quarterly GPA falls below 2.0, they will be placed on Academic Suspension. Students on Academic Suspension will receive a letter informing them of their academic status, and their transcript will be endorsed “Academic Suspension.” Suspended students will be dropped from any classes they are enrolled in for the upcoming academic quarter(s). Students returning from Academic Suspension will be required to complete the following:

1. Submit a completed petition for readmission form to
     the student services office.

2. Complete a readmission interview with a counselor.
During the interview, you should be prepared to:
•    Identify the reasons for poor academic performance.
•    Present a plan for eliminating the factors contributing to poor academic performance.
•    Review your educational goals.
•    Present an educational plan that includes proposed course schedules for the next one to three quarters and how those courses relate to an educational goal.

3. Be reinstated by the college.
A student attempting six or more graded credits will be placed on Academic Warning when his or her cumulative GPA falls below 2.0. Students on Warning status will receive a letter advising them of their academic standing. The transcript will be endorsed “Academic Warning.” Students will remain on this status until their cumulative GPA is 2.0 or higher.
The “N” designation indicates that you have elected to take a class with the understanding that no credit will be earned and no grade given. If you choose to audit a class you do not have to take the tests, but the instructor may require reasonable attendance and class participation. Full tuition and fees are charged for classes taken on an audit basis. Changes from credit to audit are permitted until the end of the 35th day of instruction. The instructor’s written approval is required after the fifth day of instruction. You will need to turn in a completed Course Change form, with the instructor’s signature, to the admissions/registration office to change a class to an audit status.
Changes to your address, phone number(s) or e-mail address can be made either by completing a Records Change form or through the MyWVC Portal on the WVC website. You will need your SID and PIN to use the MyWVC Portal. The Records Change form must be signed and can be mailed, faxed or brought in to the admissions/registration office. Name changes must be done in person with picture ID.

The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) is Wenatchee Valley College’s authorized agent for degree and enrollment verifications. We report student enrollment to NSC after the tenth day of the current term.  

Third Party Verification 
The National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) is Wenatchee Valley College’s authorized agent for degree and enrollment verifications. Your request can be made at 

Verification Form Completion 
If you have a form that needs completing by us, please email the form to  This type of form is normally given to students by housing entities, colleges using transfer forms, insurance companies for good driver discounts, in-school deferment requests, scholarships, work permits, the Department of Labor and Industries, health insurances and the Social Security Administration.  Requests will be processed in the order in which they are received, normally by the tenth day of the quarter. 

Request your transcripts at or through your GED® account. 

Here are the steps for requesting a transcript: 
Step 1: Go to and click on "Grads and Transcripts"
Step 2: Scroll down to the "Request Your Transcript" section, click on GED Grads, and then use the "Select Area" drop-down to select "Washington." Click "Prior to 2014," and then "Visit Our Transcript Site." 
Step 3: Create an account and request an official transcript. 

Note: You will need an email address to set up an account and request your transcript. 

A change of grade must be executed within two quarters, excluding summer, after the grade is earned. Initiating a grade change is your responsibility. The course may still be repeated for a different grade after the deadline for grade changes has passed. Contact the instructor to discuss the process for grade changes.
WVC does not mail out grades to students at the end of each quarter. To access your grades, use the Transcript function on the MyWVC Portal.

Note: Financial aid eligibility and veterans’ benefits may be affected by the application of some of these policies (e.g., withdrawal from class, incomplete grade, auditing a class, etc.). Please contact the financial aid office and your adviser if you are considering a change in your class schedule.

Grades used in computing grade point average are:

Grade Point Value
A 4.0
A- 3.7
B+ 3.3
B 3.0
B- 2.7
C+ 2.3
C 2.0
C- 1.7
D+ 1.3
D 1.0
D-* 0.7
F 0.0

* The “D-” letter grade will no longer be assigned at WVC after spring 2012.

Grades not used in computing grade point average are:

P Pass
Y Work in Progress
W Withdrawal
N Audit
I Incomplete
NP No Pass
* Removed Grade

“Pass” definition: a grade of “C” or higher earns a pass; a lower grade earns a no pass or an F.

A president’s list and a dean’s list are compiled at the end of each quarter to recognize outstanding student achievement. Honorees are announced publicly. In order to qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
• Earn at least 12 credits in courses numbered 100 or above. (“I,” “P,” “NP” and “Y” designations do not count toward the 12-credit minimum.)
• Earn a 4.0 GPA for the president’s list.
• Earn a 3.5 - 3.99 GPA for the dean’s list.
Honors are listed at graduation for students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher.

If you carry at least 12 credit hours and have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher, you are eligible to join the local chapter of Phi Theta Kappa, the national community college honor society. Phi Theta Kappa encourages scholarship, leadership and service. Members of Eta Rho (Wenatchee campus) and Alpha Kappa Eta (Omak campus) are active at the local, state, regional and international levels.
The “I” designation indicates that you have been granted extra time by the instructor to complete required course work. Terms of completion are specified in a contract signed by you and the instructor. It is your responsibility to initiate this contract. Contract forms are available in the admissions/registration office. The maximum length of a contract is two quarters, excluding summer. An “I” grade is changed to an “F” if the terms of the contract are not met within the time specified.
Students may enroll in classes on a pass/fail basis by submitting a written request to the admissions/registration office by the 10th day of the quarter. Students who complete these courses satisfactorily receive a “P” on their transcripts. Students who fail to complete the courses satisfactorily receive an “F.”

Students are cautioned against taking courses in their major or minor on a pass/fail basis. In most cases, a maximum of 10 pass/fail credits may be applied toward degree requirements at WVC.
The “P” or “NP” designation may be given in developmental and prior learning assessment. A “C” grade or higher earns a “pass”; anything lower earns a grade of “no pass.”
Matters of academic dishonesty such as cheating or plagiarism are referred to the chief student services officer or designee. More information on disruptive behavior and the WVC Discipline Code is detailed in the student handbook that is available through the student programs office and online.
You may repeat any course. Only the credit and grade earned in the last attempt are calculated in your GPA, unless the course description in the WVC Catalog specifically states you can repeat the course for credit. Courses repeated for credit, however, do not normally count toward the completion of a degree or certificate. Repeated courses will be designated with an “R” next to the grade on the transcript.

This only applies to courses taken at WVC. Courses taken at other colleges cannot be used to repeat a class on your WVC transcript.

Please note: Repeating courses may affect students’ financial aid eligibility. For more information, visit the Financial Aid Policies page.
Residency Requirements

To be classified as a Washington resident for educational purposes and to qualify for resident tuition rates, students are required by state law to be either:

Financially Independent Student
Have established a bona fide domicile in the state of Washington primarily for purposes other than education for a period of one year immediately before the first day of the quarter for which they have registered at any institution; and be financially independent.


Financially Dependent Student
Be a dependent student with one or both of their parents or legal guardians having maintained a bona fide domicile in the state of Washington for at least one year immediately before the first day of the quarter for which they have registered at any institution.


Active Duty Military and Washington National Guard
Active duty military stationed in Washington, their spouses and dependents; Washington National Guard members; spouse or dependent of National Guard if residence is Washington are eligible to pay resident tuition.  Must submit copy of orders to Washington and military ID.

Residency Reclassification

To apply for residency reclassification, students must submit the Residency Questionnaire and provide the required documentation to student development. See the residency questionnaire and the WAC's for Residency Designation for complete details. Completed forms can be sent to:

Wenatchee Campus

Wenatchee Valley College
Attn: Admissions Office
1300 Fifth Street
Wenatchee, WA 98801

Omak Campus

Wenatchee Valley College at Omak
Attn: Admissions
P.0> Box 2058
Omak, WA 98841

Residency questionnaires are also available at the admissions/registration office. 

 Proof of residency is each student’s responsibility. Reclassification will take place in the quarter the change is approved, provided the updated residency questionnaire is submitted within 30 calendar days following the first day of the quarter.  Acceptable evidence of Washington state residency for one year before enrollment can include:

  • Valid Washington state driver’s license
  • Voter registration card
  • Washington registration of motor vehicles
  • Purchase of property in Washington
  • Rent receipts
  • Verification of not having received financial aid from another state

International students attending WVC who have been granted an I-20 are classified as non-resident regardless of their length of residency in Washington state.

Nonresident waiver for United States citizens and INS Permanent Residents

The Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges has authorized the colleges to waive a portion of the nonresident tuition rate for United State citizens and INS Permanent residents who have not met the above criteria for in-state residency. WVC honors this automatic waiver at the time student makes application to the college.

Resident Tuition for Washington High School Graduates Who Are Not U.S. Citizens

Effective July 1, 2003, Washington state law was changed (House Bill 1079) to make certain students who are not permanent residents or citizens of the United States eligible to pay resident tuition rates when they attend public colleges and universities in this state. To qualify for resident tuition rate, students must complete an affidavit/declaration/certification if they are not permanent residents or citizens of the United States but have met the following conditions:

Resided in Washington State for the three (3) years immediately prior to receiving a high school diploma, and completed the full senior year at a Washington high school,


Completed the equivalent of a high school diploma and resided in Washington state for the three (3) years immediately before receiving the equivalent of the diploma,


Continuously resided in the State since earning the high school diploma or its equivalent.

If you meet the above criteria, once you have an application for admission on file, submit a signed Affidavit to admissions/registration. Please note that only affidavits with an original signature can be accepted.Do not fax or e-mail a copy to WVC.  We may request an official copy of your high school transcripts to process your residency status.

The Low Grade Set Aside Policy allows you to remove poor academic records that no longer reflect your current academic performance. Only petitions to set aside all grades in a particular quarter are considered. This option is not available for singular courses within a quarter. Grades that are set aside are not removed from the student’s transcript. Rather, an “*” notation is placed next to the grade which indicates that the course will no longer be used when calculating a new cumulative grade point average. Credits that are set aside cannot be used to fulfill any requirements for graduation. Please note that Federal Financial Aid regulations do not recognize grade “set asides.”

 Students may only petition for a set aside provision for two quarters during their time at Wenatchee Valley College. Students may petition to set aside a quarter which has 1) at least one grade that is a C- or lower OR 2) where the quarterly GPA is below 2.0.

Thirty (30) credits of class work at WVC with a GPA of 2.0 or better is required as evidence of a student’s changed scholastic performance. Exceptions to these procedures can be made by petition to the Academic Regulations Committee. Only grades earned at Wenatchee Valley College can be set aside under this policy.

Records pertaining to student activities related to admissions and registration (i.e., WVC transcripts and grades, schedule changes, graduation, etc.) are to be maintained per the General Retention Schedule supplied by the Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges. In many cases WVC’s practice for record retention exceeds the minimum requirements set forth in this state Retention Schedule.

A “W” designation indicates that you have dropped a class. The last day of each quarter to withdraw from classes is specified on the official Academic Calendar. Complete information on withdrawing from a class is available in the admissions/registration office.

Instructors may choose to administratively withdraw a student who does not attend the first two days of class, but the responsibility of withdrawing still lies with the student. Do not assume an instructor will withdraw you for not attending class. When in doubt, check the student portal to determine if you are still registered for the class or contact the admissions/registration office. Failure to formally withdraw from class will normally result in a failing grade. You can withdraw through the Registration function on the MyWVC Portal. You can also submit a Course Change form, available in the admissions/registration office.

Military Withdrawal:

Students submitting proof of being called into military service may receive credit and/or refund of fees as follows:
 - A full refund will be made upon receipt of call-up notification letter and a “W” grade will be recorded,
 - You may receive an “I” or “Y” with approval from the instructor(s) and no refund will be made or the chief student services officer may grant a degree prior to induction into the armed forces. No refund will be made.

The “Y” designation indicates that you are registered in an ongoing class. It may be used where the pace of work is largely dependent on you in courses such as independent project classes or open laboratory/clinic classes. If you do not complete the class within one year, you must re-enroll if you want credit.